Happy Working Woman Wednesday! I have decided to start a new series on the blog aimed specifically at helping working women live a healthy, active lifestyles. I’m excited to share my favorite products, tool and tricks that I use to live this lifestyle I enjoy.
Today’s post is one of my favorite ribs recipes and my hands-down favorite slow cooker (it’s actually a multi-cooker). I’ve had this multi-cooker for so many years. I love it’s non-stick surface – it makes clean up a breeze. I also put it in the dishwasher (a must for me). Please share this post with the 5 closest working women to you, so they can enjoy a healthy, delicious recipe and maybe get an idea for their upcoming Christmas wish list 😉
!!Add Video Here!!
Healthier Slow Cooker Ribs
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
3 to 4 lbs Boneless Beef Ribs
2 teaspoons sea salt, divided use
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 leek, white part only, finely chopped
1 small bag baby carrots
1 celery stalk, finely choppe
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp. dried thyme
24 oz. unsalted beef broth or stock
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tsp. parsley
1. Season the beef well on both sides with 1/2 tsp. salt and all the ground pepper
2. Add the oil to the Multi-cooker and spread around. Turn the multi-cooker on to Brown/Saute at 450 degrees.
3. Place your meat in the slow cooker, and brown on both sides for about 3 minutes a side. Remove ribs from slow cooker and store on a plate.
4. Add the vegetables and saute until onion is translucent.
5. Add back the beef ribs. Cover with the beef broth and stir in the tomato sauce.
4. Turn the multi-cooker to Slow Cook, and cook on low for 8 hours
My Featured Favorite Product to Help with This Recipe:
The Cuisinart Multi-Cooker. Brown your meat and slow cook all-in one. =) I’ve had mine for years, and it’s so helpful for the busy Momma.