We absolutely love Chili at our house and with Fall approaching it’s time to whip out the healthy comfort food again. My favorite part about this dish: you can make it in 30 minutes, and we are always able to get multiple meals out of it.
Meal Prep Tip of the Day: Cook once, eat twice!
Enjoy this recipe. It was adapted from the Fixate Cookbook – our favorite heathy cookbook.
30-Minute Turkey Chili
Serves 8: Approximately 1 cup each
2 tsp. extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup chopped onion (approx. 1 medium)
3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (approx. 1 medium)
3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (approx. 1 medium)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lb. cooked 93% lean ground turkey breast
2 cans (15 oz. each) low sodium kidney beans, drained, rinsed
2 cans (15 oz. each) diced tomatoes, no salt added
1 cup semi-sweet white wine
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
2 tsp. dried cilantro
8 tsp. Shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add turkey, beans, tomatoes (with liquid), wine, chili powder, salt, red pepper and cilantro. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Evenly divide between eight serving bowls; top each with cilantro and 1 tsp. cheese.
Portion Fix Container Equivalents:
1/2 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1/2 tsp.