We absolutely love turkey meatballs at our house, and I’m excited to share this slow cooker version with you. As a working Momma, I love being able to put dinner in the crock pot and come home to wholesome yumminess for the entire family. Be careful – this recipe is sure to delight your entire family. I like to cook up some Quinoa to serve with this recipe. I can often hide it in the Sauce and the kids will eat it. If your family isn’t sure about Quinoa, swap out your normal pasta for 100% Whole Wheat 🌾 spaghetti and Voila! Dinner is served 😘
Working Momma Tip: Cook once – eat twice. If need be, double the recipe so you can get two meals for your family (dinner and lunch the next day).
Total Time: 6 hrs. 22 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 6 hrs. 2 min.
Yield: 6 servings, 3 meatballs each
1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
½ cup whole grain panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (28-oz.) can whole tomatoes, crushed
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1. Combine turkey, ¼ tsp. salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, and cheese in a large bowl; mix well with clean hands.
2. Roll mixture into eighteen 1½-inch meatballs. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add half of meatballs; cook, turning occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until meatballs are browned on each side. Place browned meatballs in a 3-quart slow cooker.
4. Repeat with the remaining meatballs. Set aside.
5. Add onion to same skillet; cook, over medium-high heat, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
6. Top meatballs with cooked onion, tomatoes, oregano, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt; cook, covered, on low temperature for 5 to 6 hours, stirring once or twice.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 89 mg
Sodium: 319 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 19 g
Portion Fix Containers
My Favorite Product to Help with This Recipe:
The Cuisinart Multi-Cooker. Brown your meat and slow cook all-in one. =) I’ve had mine for years, and it’s so helpful for the busy Momma.
Recipe and photo credit: Team Beachbody Blog